Generation Earth (GE) works alongside educators to provide environmental service learning training throughout Los Angeles County. GE is dedicated to working alongside educators to help students explore environmental topics in a fun and engaging way.
While students and teachers are doing classes virtually, we are offering high-quality, hands-on virtual activities and projects you can complete with your students. Our youth leadership coordinators can conduct virtual classrooms on these topics:
- Recycling – An interactive activity that encourages students to identify different waste materials in their home and differentiate what is recyclable.
- Composting?– A virtual workshop that focuses on how students can compost at home, school and in their community.
- Native Plants?– A virtual presentation that focuses on why native plants are an essential part of conserving water and restoring a healthy ecosystem in LA County. This interactive presentation familiarizes students with solutions to environmental problems in LA County.
- Water Pollution and Prevention?– A virtual presentation that explores water pollution and prevention in LA County. Students will learn about water pollution and carrying out water-related projects at home, on their campus and in their community.
- Waste in the Fashion Industry?– A virtual presentation that explores waste reduction in the fashion industry. Students will learn the difference between synthetic and natural fibers as well as the impact each has on the environment. Students will also be inspired to host community drives and textile recycling events on their campus or in their community.
For more information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org?or (818) 623 4856.